VS
Topic 1: Extra light olive oil VS Extra virgin olive oil
I used to use extra light olive oil coz I was afraid of the weird fruity smell in extra virgin olive oil, as my mei always say... I am always so kia si... dare not try new things. So, I decided to brave the world and a few days ago, I bought extra virgin olive oil. I have to say the weird fruity smell and the super yellow and thick consistency did indeed put me off the first time, however, once its been cooked, it actually blended in really well with the food.
Btw, olive oil together with balsamic vinegar (the black one) makes a really good dip for freshly baked warm bread.
** Olive oil is a healthful oil because of its high content of monosaturated fat (mainly oleic acid) and polyphenols (Wikipedia).
Topic 2: Cooking VS Eating Out
I have been extremely lazy and haven't been cooking much. Bee and myself have just been eating out... and Bee being the ever so considerate and caring bf always say: "Don't cook if you don't feel like cleaning, I'll take you out... Don't worry, its ok." And that's not good!!! The whole point of me being here is to help save money... which means I should be cooking MORE!!! Also, the thing is I am not a bad cook, in fact, I reckon I am a pretty good cook. This has been verified by Bee's colleagues... which means all the more I should cook at home since outside food isn't all that tasty (esp the cheaper ones) and its unhealthy too!! I am sure they use crap oil and not olive oil!! Anyway, I am going to make a promise to myself... NO EATING OUT THIS WEEKEND.
I have even planned the menu (Everything will be home made not pre-made):
Fri Dinner: Olive oil pasta with garlic, prawns, chilli, parsley, spinach and snow peas
Sat brunch (we wake up late on weekends): Cereal
Sat Dinner: Entree - Freshly baked bread with oilve oil and balsamic vinegar, Main - Steak in mushroom sauce, mash potatoes and greens, Desert - strawberries with chocolate dip
Sun brunch - Cereal again (its very very healthy with all the wholegrains and fruits)
Sun Dinner: Entree - Small pieces of chicken and potato patty, Main - Stew and Rice, Dessert - Fruit platter (Mandarin and some sort of melon - gotta see whats in the markets)
Topic 3: Gaming VS Going out for Walks
My insane craving to game 24/7 is not good for my weight. I should now be extremely ashamed because I have put on weight. AGAIN!! After losing sooo much last summer... I am beginning to pile them on. But... its really really hard to stop my fingers from my DS or Wii... I just can't get off. I am addicted. Must make a promise to myself to go out for walks at least once a day for an hour!!
Topic 4: Electric Heater VS Goose Down Quilt
Its is officially now winter in Australia. The temperature is falling and I am not a huge fan of feeling cold. Recently, I bought an electric heater and have been using it everyday. All I can say is at the end of the month, my electricity bill is going to be a massive massive sum... and it is not good at all. The worst thing is, wrapping myself in my Goose Down Quilt actually feels heaps better than using a heater, but because of the inconveniences of having to lug it around, I chose heater over quilt. I am sure this month bill will change my mind to converting back to quilt.
BTW, its now 12.19am and Bee is still not home... =(
I used to use extra light olive oil coz I was afraid of the weird fruity smell in extra virgin olive oil, as my mei always say... I am always so kia si... dare not try new things. So, I decided to brave the world and a few days ago, I bought extra virgin olive oil. I have to say the weird fruity smell and the super yellow and thick consistency did indeed put me off the first time, however, once its been cooked, it actually blended in really well with the food.
Btw, olive oil together with balsamic vinegar (the black one) makes a really good dip for freshly baked warm bread.
** Olive oil is a healthful oil because of its high content of monosaturated fat (mainly oleic acid) and polyphenols (Wikipedia).
Topic 2: Cooking VS Eating Out
I have been extremely lazy and haven't been cooking much. Bee and myself have just been eating out... and Bee being the ever so considerate and caring bf always say: "Don't cook if you don't feel like cleaning, I'll take you out... Don't worry, its ok." And that's not good!!! The whole point of me being here is to help save money... which means I should be cooking MORE!!! Also, the thing is I am not a bad cook, in fact, I reckon I am a pretty good cook. This has been verified by Bee's colleagues... which means all the more I should cook at home since outside food isn't all that tasty (esp the cheaper ones) and its unhealthy too!! I am sure they use crap oil and not olive oil!! Anyway, I am going to make a promise to myself... NO EATING OUT THIS WEEKEND.
I have even planned the menu (Everything will be home made not pre-made):
Fri Dinner: Olive oil pasta with garlic, prawns, chilli, parsley, spinach and snow peas
Sat brunch (we wake up late on weekends): Cereal
Sat Dinner: Entree - Freshly baked bread with oilve oil and balsamic vinegar, Main - Steak in mushroom sauce, mash potatoes and greens, Desert - strawberries with chocolate dip
Sun brunch - Cereal again (its very very healthy with all the wholegrains and fruits)
Sun Dinner: Entree - Small pieces of chicken and potato patty, Main - Stew and Rice, Dessert - Fruit platter (Mandarin and some sort of melon - gotta see whats in the markets)
Topic 3: Gaming VS Going out for Walks
My insane craving to game 24/7 is not good for my weight. I should now be extremely ashamed because I have put on weight. AGAIN!! After losing sooo much last summer... I am beginning to pile them on. But... its really really hard to stop my fingers from my DS or Wii... I just can't get off. I am addicted. Must make a promise to myself to go out for walks at least once a day for an hour!!
Topic 4: Electric Heater VS Goose Down Quilt
Its is officially now winter in Australia. The temperature is falling and I am not a huge fan of feeling cold. Recently, I bought an electric heater and have been using it everyday. All I can say is at the end of the month, my electricity bill is going to be a massive massive sum... and it is not good at all. The worst thing is, wrapping myself in my Goose Down Quilt actually feels heaps better than using a heater, but because of the inconveniences of having to lug it around, I chose heater over quilt. I am sure this month bill will change my mind to converting back to quilt.
BTW, its now 12.19am and Bee is still not home... =(

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home