Friday, May 25, 2007

THOUGHTS

I have been offered a job, a job I rejected. Sometimes, when I review that decision, I near the brink of feeling regret, at this point, I force my brain to cooperate with the more positive side of me. Why should I not follow my dreams... I have nothing to lose. Isn't that how rich people become rich?? Follow your dreams and believe in yourself.

Eventually, after a long heated internal debate with my brain, I made the conscious choice of believing in myself and pursuing what I want. At the very least, I can say that "I gave it a shot". If you never try, you never know. And its all a matter of putting in the effort, a little persistence, a little patience and a little bit of luck.

Talking about jobs, I had a conversation with a friend, whom I am not that sure I want to consider a friend any longer... In one part of our conversation, this friend said this: "the average joe just gets a normal job and hope to excel in it." This friend also said that his friends who follow their dreams - most of them are short lived. He also mentioned something which totally pissed me off:

????...: You're in Australia
????...: They will favour their own before you
????...: You see that in your parents

Just so to make it clear, my Dad works in a firm where he is the only Chinese and his boss, a white man, so happen to favor my dad very much. Also, when my dad interviewed for this role, there were other much younger, white people who applied, but my dad was chosen instead.

My Mum also works for one of Australia's biggest retail company, she was favored over other younger and white people. Best still, Mum have been promoted over other white Australian people.

Although, he did apologise, saying that this was a typo, I on the other hand decided not to take this apology because it definitely did not look like a typo. Instead, I believe that he meant every word that he said.

More importantly, this conversation gave me many insights into this friend of mine. I have made the wrong decision of continuing to keep him as a friend after all he had done. I shall not hurl any insults because I am no longer angry about the past, but more so feel that he has not been a worthy friend.

Well, it looks like I made my point and have decided I shall no longer acknowledge him as a friend. And if this friend so happen to read this, please do not try to contact me. A decision made is a decision made, it will not change. Also, good luck with your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home