Saturday, June 02, 2007

HORSE RIDING LESSONS

I started my first proper riding lesson today and it is the best thing I have ever done!!! BeeBee and myself reached at about 12ish pm coz he's got a lesson at 12.30pm while mine's at 1.30pm. While Bee was doing his lesson, I watched and it was rather fun. When it was my turn... I was sooo excited. Anyway, I mounted my horse and off we went into the areana. I learnt how to sit properly, steer my horse, make it walk and manage to even trot a little. It was heaps fun!!!

Btw, my horsie's name is Banjo, he's a gelding and 14.2 hands. He's a bay and has a white blaze on his head. I think he's a cross between a Welsh Cob and a Stock Horse. He's really handsome too. Here's a pic but that's not me on the horse.

Anyway, after the lessons today, I chatted with Bee and we decided that he's not going to continue his lessons coz work's too hectic as it is and he has no spare time. Regardless, I have decided to continue my lesson and the next one is on Friday. If not for interviews, I'd do two lessons this week!!!

Also gotta remember to write down my mistakes so I don't repeat it next class.
1) Position feet as if digging heel into sand to make a halt
2) Must not have rein too loose
3) Always make sure thumb's up on rein and hands are in front of belly button
4) When turning, keep elbows to body and tug rein lightly
5) When trotting, dig heels downwards

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home