Sunday, January 07, 2007

Happy New Year

"Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've it you can never get it back."

2006 was one of the best yet worst time of my life. Regardless, I achieved every single objective I had set out for the year. In short, this was 2006 for me:

It started off with the life of luxury where I had the best of both worlds. I was satisfied both emotionally and materially. I had a loving boyfriend, a beautiful apartment, enough money to keep me content, friends, family, my desired weight and even a cleaner who comes in weekly to clean my apartment. However, this lifestyle quickly vanished when I had to return back to reality. I was accepted into the UWA honours program and it was back home to Perth for me. I went through an insane amount of stress and pressure. I put on weight. I had sleeping problems. I kept on contracting conjunctivitis. I was afraid I wouldn't live up to my own expectations. Basically, my life went out of equilibrium. I hated those horrid 8 months. Lucky for me, things took a turn for the better. The 8 months ended, very slowly I might add, but it did end. I got my grades and I was extremely pleased. I landed myself a good paying job. I shed those extra pounds. I had a very much deserved holiday with John and that was something I really treasured.

My year started well and ended very well. And now, here I am thrust into 2007. Another brand new year. Another new chapter to add to my life. I keep my fingers crossed and I hope I'll be able to shape this year the way I want it to be.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mei arh..so long din see u in msn le..how have u been? busy with work or enjoying..=)

3:17 AM  
Blogger Mangorine said...

Hey... I'm doing well. Been rather busy with work. Also been planning my move to Sydney and trying to get everything organized. Anyway, will try to log onto MSN more often.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home