Saturday, December 13, 2008

WISDOM TEETH OPERATION

Finally after two years of delay, I decided to undergo surgery to remove all four of my problematic wisdom tooth yesterday.

I have to say it was a rather scary, yet exciting and interesting experience.

Pre surgery, I was more scared then excited. I think that's because I was afraid of the unknown, of what might happen after.

Post surgery, I actually felt kind of excited and thought it was a rather interesting experience.

Pre Surgery, the nurses were all wonderful and superbly nice. That made me felt incredibly comforted. And Dr Ainley, my anesthesis, was great! When he put the needle through my hand, there was only a prick and no pain thereafter and no swelling whatsoever. He then adminstered the anesthetic, I started smiling for 2 seconds and before I knew it, I was knocked out. That was a rather good experience, smiling pre op... Lol.

Anyway, when I woke up from the anesthetic, I was already in the recovery room. Everything felt good apart from the slight soreness due to the fat tube they stuck down my nose and thoart. Again, post surgery, I was constantly looked after by two nurses. There were very attentive, I think their names were Alice and Ann. Every time I coughed, either one would come by and asked if I was ok. And every 2 mins or so, one of them would come and ask if I was in pain. They were great.

And before I forget, my surgeon was Dr Curtis and he was very very good as well. Very attentive and he made me feel really comfortable.

By ~noon, I was told I could go home. Bee came to pick me up and dropped me of home before going back to work. I pretty much slept most of the afternoon.

Its now second day pre op and I'm still feeling quite good. Although, my mouth does feel slightly strange with all the stitches. There is also slight pain... it like a mini headache in your jaws instead of your head...

Hopefully no complications over the next 3-5 days!

Anyway, back to jelly eating and sleeping again. More updates will be posted over the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home